Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 3 of Chemo

Dear blog,

Another day rolls by and the nausea remains tolerable, but. I need to be eating more and I am, in fact, eating less. The morning is easiest, but as the day goes, when I would usually be getting in the bigger meals, the nausea is actually getting worse. I'm down 3 pounds in as many days.

So I'm taking some advice on getting food down from the ten pound box o' booklets they gave us on the first day. I got some lactose free ice-cream and Fortify Plus, kroger brand "ton o' calories in a bottle". 350 calories to the fortify plus bottle, 13g protein and a vitamin pill's worth of ground up nutrients. My thinking is that I will eat as much solid food as I can, then fill in the remaining calories with this junk to keep from dropping weight so fast.

I slept for 11 hours last night and took a 1 hour nap this afternoon. I swam in the morning, but not particularly far. Hopefully day 3 is the worst day, because I feel pretty lousy at this point.

Rolling along,
Ian Hogan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling so lousy yesterday. I hope you're feeling better today. Thanks for the blog update. I appreciate being informed. Love you guys!

Sharon S. Hogan said...

Your Aunt recommends ginger tea and some other herb for nausia

momelliott said...

The treatments are bound to be troubling! I wish wishing could help you feel better. Think about how the chemo is supposed to eliminate the cancer, and hang in there. You're doing great!
Love, Tia Maria