Friday, February 1, 2008

What have I done?

Dear blog,

At the behest (thinly veiled command) of my professors I just enrolled in the honors program in my college and have forms ready to apply for honors credit in two of my courses, calculus and multicultural education. Between those two, if I succeed, I will get seven credits at the honors level.

The program requires that I take two two-credit "colloquiums" and a three credit thesis course (fourteen credits once I do those) and that I earn at least twenty credits at the honors level (do the math people, just two more three credit courses to complete). If I succeed in everything, I will graduate with honors, get one of those stupid tassels to go with my "gown" like the prigs in high-school had, and an indication on my degree.

This isn't cool. I'm not an honors student. I work my ass off in all my classes and this is how I'm repaid!? I'm outraged.

Ian Hogan.

No comments: